The motor the moves your Jeep"s windows up and down is contact a home window regulator. Over time these electric motors can come to be slow or prevent working every together. The motor"s end up being worn out, or other parts the the regulator have the right to go bad. A typical problem ~ above the 1999-2004 Jeep grand Cherokee is because that the plastic trolley that carries the home window up and down to break where the cable the pulls the home window attaches. You"ll hear a snap once it go break, and then you"ll likely watch your window slide down right into your door.
You are watching: Jeep grand cherokee window regulator repair kit
Don"t panic. The settle to this difficulty is easy, and also only needs a couple of hand tools, and also a new window regulator.
What you will certainly Need
Window RegulatorPhillips ScrewdriverFlat Head ScrewdriverTorx T15 DriverPanel ToolRatchet10mm socket
1. Remove the torx screw behind the door handle and the 2 philips screws, one from the eight rest and also the other near the side see mirror. The small plastic cover close to the side watch mirror demands to be removed to expose the 2nd phillips screw. The screws are significant by the yellow circles in the image.
2. Using a dashboard tool, pry the door panel away from the door in ~ the 10 locations marked with a red circle wherein the panel is secured through clips. This make take a tiny effort to popular music the clips free.
3. Lift the door panel from the inside window wipe channel and look down behind the panel. Unclip the latch and lock rods from the door manage tabs. Also disconnect the 2 wiring exploit plugs. One close to the door lock rods and the other near the side see mirror.
4. Now your door panel have to be totally disconnected and you can set it aside. If any kind of of the clips broke in action 2 don"t worry they"re replaceable. They"re quite inexpensive, so simply replacing them every isn"t a negative idea. They have actually a propensity to undertake out and become loose over time, so putting brand-new clips on will ensure her door panels space tightly secured and also rattle free.Crown Automotive 6507686AA inner Door Trim Fasteners
5. Remove the speak by remove the 4 screws. Then unplug and set the speaker aside. This will provide you far better access to reach in and also replace the window regulator.
6. Peel the plastic moisture obstacle away indigenous the door. The adhesive will remain tacky so you deserve to reapply it as soon as you"re done. Once it"s out of the way, you"ll have the ability to see the 4 black bolts that host the home window regulator track and the 3 gold bolts that secure the regulator motor. Using a 10mm socket, completely remove the 2 marked by the yellow arrows. The rest can simply it is in loosened and then lifted up and pushed out of the vital hole slot as soon as removing the regulator.
7. There room 2 clips that should be eliminated that certain the window glass to the carriage on the regulator track. You deserve to simply pry the one towards the front next of the door off using a screw driver. To access the on close to the external edge that the door, reach through the cutout in the door and also remove the clip making use of a pair of needle sleep pliers.
8. Unplug the regulator electric harness and also push the connector v the opened in the door panel.
9. Reach through the huge lower opening in the door panel, and remove the regulator motor, carriage and also track. It can be advantageous to lift the glass increase in the home window track to make some extra room. This step can be a tiny tricky, however you just need to keep moving the engine assembly around until you have the right to fit it with the reduced door panel opening easily.
10. Here you have the right to see the old and also the new regulator. Notification where the plastic clips that affix to the stole cable ~ above the initial carriage the moves the glass up and down have actually broken. This is what caused the window to autumn down right into the door when the regulator fails.
11. I uncovered the broken plastic pieces still in the bottom of the door. Make certain to eliminate them, to protect against them rattling roughly in the futures.
See more: A Picture Of Her (@Apictureofher), A Picture Of Her
12. Install the brand-new regulator in the reverse way that you eliminated the initial one. Just like the removal, it do take a couple of tries to discover just the ideal angle come insert the motor into the door. It can be advantageous if you begin the bolts into the new regulator, therefore you deserve to rest it right into the keyhole slots once it"s inserted into the door. Then just follow every the previous steps in turning back to hook up the electric connector, reapply the weather barrier, and also re-install the speaker and also door panel.