38. Operations administration involves constant decision-making; hopetotally a lot of decisions made will certainly be: A. redundant B. minor in nature C. increated D. quantitative E. none of the above
39. A ‘product package’ is composed of: A. the exterior wrapping B. the shipping container C. a mix of goods and also solutions D. items if a production organization E. customer connections if a company organization
C. a combination of items and also service
40. Business establishments consist of three major attributes which, ideally: A. assistance one another B. are mutually exclusive C. exist independently of each other D. attribute individually of each various other E. execute not interface with each other
A. support one another
41. Which of the adhering to is not a type of operations? A. items production B. storage/transportation C. entertainment D. communication E. all the above involve operations
E. all the over involve operations
42. Technology choices rarely affect: A. costs. B. productivity. C. union task. D. quality. E. flexibility.
C. union activity.
43. Measurements taken at assorted points in the transdevelopment process for regulate objectives are called: A. plans B. directions C. controls D. feedearlier E. budgets
44. Budgeting, evaluation of investment proposals, and provision of funds are activities associated with the _______ attribute. A. procedure B. marketing C. purchasing D. finance E. inner audit
45. Which one of the adhering to would certainly not generally be classified under the heading of transformation? A. assembling B. teaching C. staffing D. farming E. consulting
46. Manufacturing work sent out to various other nations is called: A. downsized B. outsourced C. internationalization D. vertical integration E. entrepreneurial ship
47. Product design and also process selection are examples of decisions that are: A. financial B. tactical C. system style D. system procedure E. forecasting
C. system design
48. The obligations of the operations manager are: A. planning, arranging, staffing, procuring, and reviewing B. planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and also controlling C. forespreading, making, planning, organizing, and also managing D. forecasting, developing, operating, procuring, and also reviewing E. developing and operating
B. planning, arranging, staffing, directing, and controlling
49. Knowledge skills normally don’t include: A. process expertise B. bookkeeping skills C. interaction skills D. worldwide understanding E. every one of the above
C. interaction skills
50. Which of the following is not true about devices approach? A. A systems viewallude is practically constantly helpful in decision making. B. A systems method emphasizes interrelationships among subsystems. C. A systems approach concentrates on performance within subsystems. D. A units approach is necessary whenever before somepoint is being redesigned or improved. E. All of the above are true
C. A units technique concentrates on performance within subunits.
51. What is credited through gains in commercial performance, enhanced requirements of living and affordable products? A. individual computers B. the internet C. mass transport D. assembly lines E. multi-level marketing
D. assembly lines
52. Production systems with customized outputs typically have relatively: A. high volumes of output B. low unit expenses C. high amount of specialized devices D. rapid job-related activity E. skilled workers
E. skilled workers
53. Which is not a far-reaching difference between production and service operations? A. expense per unit B. uniformity of output C. labor content of work D. customer call E. measurement of productivity
A. price per unit
54. Which of the following is not a characteristic of organization operations? A. intangible output B. high customer contact C. high labor content D. basic measurement of performance E. low uniformity of output
D. simple measurement of productivity
55. Which of the complying with is a recent trfinish in business? A. pollution regulate B. full high quality administration C. supply chain administration D. competition from foreign manufacturers E. technological change
C. supply chain management
56. Farming is an instance of: A. an obsolete activity B. a digital company C. non-made goods D. a development industry E. customized manufacturing
C. non-made goods
57. Dealing via the reality that certain aspects of any administration case are more important than others is called: A. analysis of tradeoffs B. sensitivity analysis C. recognition of priorities D. analysis of variance E. decision table analysis
C. acknowledgment of priorities
58. The truth that a couple of improvements in a few vital areas of operations will certainly have even more influence than many kind of enhancements in many other locations is constant through the: A. Irwin phenomenon B. Pareto phenomenon C. Stevenboy phenomenon D. Tellier phenomenon E. Adam Smith phenomenon
B. Pareto phenomenon
59. The procedure of comparing outputs to formerly establiburned standards to recognize if corrective action is essential is called: A. planning B. directing C. regulating D. budgeting E. disciplining
60. Which of the complying with does not relate to device design? A. changing the system capacity B. area of facilities C. inventory administration D. selection and also acquisition of equipment E. physical arrangement of departments
C. inventory management
61. Taking a units viewallude with regard to operations in today’s atmosphere increasingly leads decision-makers to take into consideration ______________ in response to the ____________. A. flexibility; press to be even more efficient B. offshoring; need to promote domestic manufacturing C. sustainability; threat of international warming D. technology; influence of random variation E. forecasting; stabilization of demand
C. sustainability; hazard of worldwide warming
62. Some suppliers attempt to maximize the revenue they receive from solved operating capacity by affecting demands through price manipulation. This is an example of _________________: A. Illegal price discrimicountry B. Collusion C. Volume analysis D. Revenue management E. Outsourcing
D. Revenue management
63. Which of the complying with is not an recurring trfinish in manufacturing? A. globalization B. high quality advancement C. flexibility and agility D. mass production for greater economic climates of scale E. technical advances
D. mass manufacturing for higher economies of scale
64. Which of the adhering to is not a advantage of utilizing models in decision making? A. They administer a standardized format for analyzing a difficulty. B. They serve as a continual tool for evaluation. C. They are easy to use and also less expensive than handling the actual instance. D. All of the above are benefits. E. Namong the above is a benefit.
D. All of the over are benefits.
65. Modern firms progressively depend on other firms to supply items and also solutions rather of doing these jobs themselves. This increased level of _____________ is leading to increased emphasis on ____________ management. A. outsourcing; supply chain B. offshoring; lean C. downsizing; total high quality D. optimizing; inventory E. internationalization; intercultural
A. outsourcing; supply chain
Operations managers are responsible for assessing customer desires and demands and offering and fostering the organization’s goods or solutions.
Often, the cumulative success or faitempt of companies’ operations features will certainly affect the ability of a nation to contend through other countries.
Companies are either creating items or carrying solutions. This indicates that just one of the two forms of operations management methods are offered.
Operations, marketing, and finance attribute separately of each various other in most organizations.
The greater the level of customer involvement, the even more complicated the architecture and management of operations.
Goods creating institutions are not involved in business activities
Service operations require extra inventory bereason of the unpredictcapacity of customer demand also.
The value of outputs is measured by the prices customers are willing to pay for items or services.
. The usage of models will guarantee the best possible decisions.
People that job-related in the area of operations should have actually skills that include both understanding and also world skills.
Assembly lines completed efficiency but at the cost of conventional of living.
The operations manager has main duty for making operations device architecture decisions, such as mechanism capacity and also place of framework.
The word "technology" is provided just to describe ‘information technology’.
Value added’ by interpretation is always a positive number given that ‘added’ suggests increases.
Service often needs higher labor content, whereas manufacturing is even more resources extensive.
Measurement of productivity in organization is even more straightforward than in manufacturing considering that it is not crucial to take into account the price of materials.
Special-purpose technology is a common method of supplying increased customization in manufacturing or services without taking on extra labor costs.
One strategy of classifying manufacturing units is the degree of standardization.
Many civilization encounter operations just in profit-making organizations.
Service requires a a lot higher level of customer contact than production.
A systems approach emphasizes interrelationships among subdevices, yet its primary layout is that the entirety is greater than the sum of its individual parts.
The Pareto phenomenon is just one of the many vital and pervasive ideas that can be used at all levels of administration.
Operations supervisors, that generally usage quantitative viewpoints, are not really concerned with moral decision-making.
The optimal services created by quantitative approaches must always be evaluated in regards to the larger framework.
Managers should many frequently count on quantitative techniques for essential decisions given that quantitative philosophies cause more accuratedecisions.
Many type of operations monitoring decisions can be explained as tradeoffs.
A systems strategy suggests that we concentprice on performance within a submechanism and also thereby assure overall performance.
Prior to the Industrial Rdevelopment, items were produced generally by craftsmen or their apprentices utilizing tradition made components.
Elton Mayo’s "Hawthorne Experiment" was the focal point of the Human Relations Movement, which emphasized the prominence of the huguy facet in job architecture.
Among Ford’s many type of contributions was the arrival of mass production, utilizing the principle of interchangeable parts and also department of labor.
Operations administration and marketing are the two functional locations that exist to assistance tasks in other features such as accounting, finance, IT and huguy sources.
Lean production units incorpoprice the benefits of both mass production and also craft manufacturing.
As an abstraction of reality, a version is a streamlined version of a actual phenomenon.
Lean production units usage a extremely professional work pressure and versatile devices.
The lean production ideology has actually been slow to be embraced in organization sectors.
Operations Management tasks will certainly be less necessary in the future bereason many firms are becoming service-oriented operations fairly than items creating operations.
A modern firm has two supply chain considerations – external links via companies and also customers, and also an internal network-related of flows to and between the operations attribute itself.